A WEEK AMID JUNE The Show has Come to a Close!



Melissa Baines
Artist

Born and raised in Aurora, Colorado, I graduated from UCD with a BA in photography in December of 2007. I have spent most of my photographic explorations discovering the different aspects of photographing people. I am drawn to the idea of portraying intangible qualities in people by capturing personal moments with them on film, but I am also intrigued by the thought that capturing a moment on film violates the intimacy of that moment and thus alters the resulting photograph. Some of my work also explores relationships between people and attempts to visually represent the concept that no one can
truly know the nature of a relationship between two people except those two people themselves. My work has been on hiatus for a while due to lack of a dark room, as I prefer to work with black and white silver gelatin, but for this show I will be experimenting with appropriated art and testing the limits of how legitimate I believe it to be as an art form.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive